<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, October 08, 2012


the long and the short of it 


So A Boy and a Bear in a Boat was longlisted for the Guardian Children's Fiction Prize but hasn't made it to the shortlist (I'd put a link in to an article on who is on the shortlist but I can't yet find one). Anyway, no shame in losing out to the likes of Roddy Doyle and Frank Cottrell Boyce and I was (I know it's the law that I have to say this but I really do mean it) very chuffed just to make the longlist. 'S all right for a first go, isn't it. Shortlist next time and I'll win the bugger the time after that. That's the plan, anyways.

At some point I think I get a (fancy?) dinner and the chance to act gracious/drunkenly heckle when the winner is announced but I'm still waiting for the details.

Comments:
Aw...well throw a stale sandwich at the winner from me! xx

 
I FOR ONE AM OUTRAGED. I'd like to see Roddy Doyle write AND illustrate a book. The guy doesn't even have the patience for quotation marks!

But I think your plan to creep at the gold like a bespectacled fox toward a rubbish bin is sound. In the meantime, if you need a sexy date for the fancy dress party, you know where to find me (in the United States).

 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?