<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, May 21, 2009


blogshank 



I've been reading Mike Smith's lovely diary stripblog Blogshank for a while now and enjoying it very much. Added value for me comes from his living on a houseboat (which is cool), studying part-time in Cambridge (where I live) and living in Leicestershire (where I was brought up). But this is incidental. The work stands up on its own perfectly well without these connections. Lots of quotidian inconsequentiality nicely depicted (with occasional Big Moments in life too) all warmly related with welcoming humour.

At least that's what he does usually.



Just now he's embarked upon a daily project of a wordless ABC (C is above, as I write he's on D) in an entirely different, much more graphic style that's equally witty and wonderful. Playful, funny, clever, elegant stuff.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?